• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Tumblr

ZBAPQW48

ZBAPQW48
To get 15% off discount, use code: ZBAPQW48 at www.zalora.com.ph

Excited to see Calagaus Island



In a week, I’ll finally set my feet to the beautiful stretch of white powdery sand beach of Calaguas. I’ve always been excited to go here. It was 2010 when I came across a blog (lakwatsero.com) and found out about this beautiful unexplored island in Camarines Norte. But it was not the reason why we are going here. Yes, same blog actually, but it was my friend who insisted and demand that we go here. He also happens to came across the blog just recently, and when he fell in love with the place. So now we’re going there in a week! Calaguas? It’s a virgin island as what they call it. It’s a term used for an island that still not being develop commercially so might as well take advantage of that. Go there while it’s still “virgin”? There are things better left untouched just like this beautiful island. Hope it stays that way. I just hope it won’t end up just like Anawangin Cove in Zambales, where they cut trees just to accommodate the huge groups of campers.

So, my friends and I didn’t take any travel package for this trip, though I proposed some. There’s a lot of travel organizer setting up a tour for Calaguas. The advantage, you won’t be thinking of anything else, like the food, accommodation, fares etc. And they offer a lot of activities, like fire dancing lesson (I want to try this!), bar tending and they also serves buffet meals (cooked by a chef! c’mon, I want to fill my tummy with yummy foods!). It’s definitely more convenient plus it’s cheap too, I find it cheap actually. But we’re on a DIY adventure (good luck with that). Though I wanted to take the travel package instead, my friends don’t, so majority wins and they win, they always has. Somewhat like the line from the movie “Something Borrowed”, where Rachel played by Ginnifer Goodwin is having an argument with Ethan played by John Krasinski on the park about Darcy (Kate Hudson),
Rachel to Ethan:
Rachel: Because Darcy wins! She always has!
End of the story! They win!

Anyways, I’m already expecting that this trip will be like an Amazing Race. Haha. That’s what I’m predicting it to be, since we have limited time cause my friends vacation leave was not approve and she have to see the Maroon 5 concert on Monday night. I remember our trip to Anawangin Cove last 2009, it was like Survivor! First night, Ok, it was hot and everybody’s expecting that the night will be cold, since you’re by the beach, and by the forest with the mountain around you. Oh! What great scenery!  Second night, that’s where the Survivor moment came in, it was raining badly and the water was spilling all over the tent. God! It was sick! I have umbrella opened inside the tent because the water is dripping, and the floor is wet and I can’t sleep! It was 3 in the morning that time. But my two friends, they are like, “Hell yea! I don’t care if it’s raining and I’m wet, I’m SLEEPING!”. But it was a happy and memorable experience. Besides, you only get closer to nature once in a while, and I have flu shot anyway, so I’m not worried of getting sick, because I won’t. Hahaha.

So, on May 20 I’m off to Calaguas. Really hoping to have good shots from our trip and also hoping that it won’t rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment