• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Tumblr

ZBAPQW48

ZBAPQW48
To get 15% off discount, use code: ZBAPQW48 at www.zalora.com.ph

Canon Powershot D10

Ok. Finally, Sa WAKAS! Nakakita din ako and I got my new camera. WeeeeH! Pagkatapos ng madugong paghahanap. Hahaha. Effort!
It’s the Canon Powershot D10, nothing special actually except that it is waterproof, shockproof, freeze proof and dust proof. It can be submerged in up to 10m / 33ft of water (although marami na ngayun na waterproof camera, so wala namang exciting about this camera, ay meron pala, yung accessories nya). I can consider D10 as the camera for all types of weather because of its rugged body that’s really built for adventure (and the accessories as well).



This is not the first time I bought an underwater camera. Last year I bought the latest and first underwater camera from Sony, the Cyber-shot DSC-TX5. I got it for a much cheaper price. Sobra baba kaysa sa Mall price. Syempre. Magaling ako maghanap eh. Haha. TX5 has the same features like the Powershot D10, it is also waterproof, shockproof, freeze proof and dust proof except that compare to D10 that can be submerged in up to 33ft of water, TX5 is limited to 10ft only (hindi ka pwede sumisid ng major major). What I like about TX5 is that it is SEXY. Hahaha. Why? Because it is stylish, slim and light not to mention that it is touchscreen. TX5 body is not as rugged compare to D10 (in contrast to some reviews I’ve read in the internet), especially its screen, I find it soft compare to D10 and you have the feeling na papasukan sya ng water kapag nilubog mo na sya. So after 6 months I decided to sell it. Fortunately, I didn’t have a hard time finding a buyer. Hahaha. Thanks to my friend na madaming koneksyon.




So why I bought it?




Because, SUMMER NA! Hahaha.




To be honest I had a hard time finding this camera. Sabi ko nga di ba “madugong paghahanap”. It was hard finding a store that still sells this camera. I even tried online, but still end up a looser. Hahaha. Tinawagan at pinuntahan ko na lahat ng store sa Makati, ni isa wala ng stock :(. I called Anson’s in Ortigas, finally they still have one, but unfortunately the one left is the one on their display(dameng one. Lols). Ayaw ko naman nun. I don’t know if matagal na yun naka-display. Gusto ko nasa box pa. Then I remember one time when I was in SM Megamall, I run through this Canon store, and I think I saw a D10. So yesterday, after work I went to Megamall to check if they still have a Canon Powershot D10. Fortunately, meron! Sa WAKAS! At dun natapos ang paghahanap ko sa camera na to. Hahaha. Without thinking twice I bought it. Wala pa ata akong 15 mins sa store.


So, what’s in the box?
The usual, cables, installer, charger, battery, manuals, hand strap and the camera of course. With free 2GB SD card and a Canon soft case.
I asked how much the accessories cost, like the strap (I’m really in love with the neck strap. It feels like I want to have a relationship with the neck strap. Wahat?! Haha.). The price is 1500. GRRRRR! Ang mahal. Hahaha. Di ko siya binili. Kasi, canon have a promo, where you can avail either, 3 face plates or carbine hook strap via online redemption. So this morning I registered to the site and submitted the form and now I’m hoping to receive it within 15 days. I’m excited to clip on the carbine hook strap to my camera.
First impression, nung pagkahawak ko sa D10.
No question that it is BULKY. Malaki sya. It’s not the typical point and shoot camera na pwede mo isuksok sa bulsa mo na hindi mahahalata na may camera pala sa bulsa mo. Anyway, cute naman sya. Para kang may hawak na maliit na submarine. Lols.




“Pati yung free case malaki. Twice the size of the camera”




2 comments:

  1. wow! nag fa flashback ang feelings ng mabili ko rin ang Canon D10 ko...


    http://sketchingmycorner.blogspot.com/2010/04/canon-d10.html

    Anyways, so sa canon shop mo to nabili? i mean sa official distributor/retailer? kasi sa akin eh sa online lang (gray market) hehehe. Pinatos ko na kasi wala rin ako makita dati - gahol na ako sa oras for summer time, kahit gray market...

    good luck sa camera mo, - balik ako dito sa blog mo baka makita ko na mga summer pix mo hehehe.. May pa ako mag papaaraw eh.. at mag popost ng mga summer pix ko using canon D10 syempre..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ollie

    yup sa canon store ko sya nabili. sa mega mall. nitong march lang. ang hirap nya hanapin. bigyan mo naman ako ng tips on how to use this. at anung gamit mong photo editor. thanks.

    ReplyDelete