• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Tumblr

ZBAPQW48

ZBAPQW48
To get 15% off discount, use code: ZBAPQW48 at www.zalora.com.ph

FaceTime on iPhone 4 simple trick

Can’t use FaceTime on your iPhone 4 coz it doesn’t works via 3G or you need to be connected to wi-fi?
So what is “FACETIME”?
According to Mr. Wiki,
“FaceTime is a video calling software application and related protocol developed by Apple for supported mobile devices running the iOS, in addition to Macintosh computers running Mac OS X 10.6.6 and higher. FaceTime is supported on any iOS device with a forward-facing camera (that is, all iOS devices released since the iPhone 4) and on any Macintosh computer equipped with a webcam, in particular those equipped with a FaceTime Camera (formerly known as an iSight Camera). “ source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FaceTime

Very well said Mr. Wiki!

Well, basically, FaceTime is video calling for iPhone 4, iPad 2 and the latest iPod Touch. Video Calling is really not new to Smartphones, and Apple is not the first one to put this feature on their smartphone.

Unfortunately, FaceTime doesn’t works via 3G network. It works
only on Wi-Fi, so if you are not connected to Wi-Fi, then you can’t do FaceTime. ;(


I’m on the stage of exploring my iPhone 4 and I was excited to try FaceTime. Still unaware that FaceTime is not working on 3G I texted my friend who also owns an iPhone 4 to try FaceTime. And then I got this message!



So I have to be connected to a Wi-Fi network before I can use FaceTime? and there’s no way that I can do FaceTime on 3G? Deymn!

I’ve read some articles on the internet that you can do FaceTime on 3G if you Jailbreak your iPhone 4. I don’t want to jailbreak my phone. A big NO! NO! Apple announced that on the new iOS5, FaceTime will be available via 3G and not just on Wi-Fi. But that OS will be released on Fall.


I was really frustrated on making the FaceTime works. And then I realized that iPhone 4 can be a hotspot. And hotspot basically means Wi-Fi so since I’m on unlimited data plan, I thought of turning on my Personal Hotspot and then I try calling my friend to do FaceTime. And walla! It works!

No need to jailbreak your phone or wait for the iOS5 or look for a Wi-Fi spot.

“Coz, with your iPhone 4, you can be a hotspot!” Hahaha!

I’m not sure if other people know about this or have discovered this but it simply popped out of my mind. And I’m just sharing my thoughts through this blog. Hahaha!


Just follow this steps:

1.       Go to  Settings
2.       Wi-Fi > “ON”
3.      Personal Hotspot > “ON”
4.      Then you can now do FaceTime!


Happy FaceTime!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment